Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back to School Supplies

What supplies I picked up for going back to school?

To start off I have two backpacks for school

Things to consider when getting a backpack:

  • Are you using it to carry a laptop
  • Is there plenty of room for binders, notebooks, books, and supplies.
  • Durablity - will it last you the whole year, is the material strong enough to hold all your stuff
  • Color - pick something that suits you, if you are messy or put your back pack in places where it can get dirty then off white probably isn't a good idea, and a darker color would be better.
  • Style - pick one that you can see yourself using all year and hopefully over the next couple years because some backpacks can be expensive.
  • Are there any special features you would like? Such as a special place to put your ipod that has a hole for your headphones to come out or a special pocket made to hold your ipad.


This one is from IKEA and it is an off white color.  It is kind of small but holds enough for me.  Inside I carry two 1.5 inch binders, a big 4 subject notebook, one regular notebook, two pencil cases, and my glasses case which is in a side pocket. This backpack has a spot to hold my laptop but with everything else inside there is no room left for it.


My other back pack is a Targus backpack that I found at Best Buy and it is much bigger than the IKEA backpack above.  It holds everything the other one holds plus I can fit my laptop and a book or two.  I have a lot of stuff to carry with me and my books are pretty big so this backpack is better for me.


School Supplies

PENCIL CASES: I have 3 pencil cases to keep me organized.
1. My Poka-dot pencil case holds all my pens, pencils, markers, and all writting tools

2. My Bunny pencil case holds ONLY black pens for doing assignments that way I don't have to dig through my poka-dot pencil case just to find one black ink pen.

3. My DOMO pencil case holds everything else I may need - stapler, mini hole punch, scissors, and post its


Bling!

Inside my Poka-dot pecil case I have:

5 Pilot precise V5 extra fine pens in different colors (purple, light blue, pink, green, dark blue)
2 Black Pilot precise V5 exrra fine pens
5 Paper mate felt tip markers in different colors (pink, blue, orange, purple, green)
3 Sharpies in different colors (bubble gum pink, black, and raspberry pink)
1 King size sharpie
2 Paper mate 0.7 lead mechanical pencils
2 yellow highlighters
3 Hello Kitty pencils

These are all the things I love to have each year to add some fun to going to school! Having bright colors to write notes in helps separate topics.  I love sharpies for labeling and they come in handy a lot throughout the semester. 


3 comments:

  1. Hello! It's Nancy (aka "sanzoparty1066" on Youtube)! Your blog is very informative. I enjoy reading your posts and your beautiful photos! I look forward to seeing more of your posts! What is your major? Mine is nursing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you like it! I am going to school for nursing also! I have finished my associates of science and am currently working on getting my bachelors. Hope you have a good semester and keep in touch Ü

      All the best,
      Rae

      Delete
  2. Great tips you have shared while purchasing backpacks. With new trendy promotional back to school supplies children are ready to take them to school happily. I liked the tips and the pics on your blog post.

    ReplyDelete